The Diary of a T-800 Arm


21/07/2003

I have finally got to the "glueing it together" part.  The fingers are now on.
pics/term/arm27.jpg
Five minutes later I have the first set of pistons glued on.
pics/term/arm28.jpg
Then the longer piston were glued on.  As with the screw threads on the fingers, the idea for adding the small extensions to the pistons (see the bottom of the long ones) came from ideas other people had done on their arms.  The pistons didn't quite reach, so this seemed the best way round the problem.
pics/term/arm29.jpg
Here are some close-ups of the pistons
pics/term/arm30.jpg
pics/term/arm31.jpg
Another suggestion was to use superglue with talcum powder mixed as a filler to fill in a hole and re-position it where the main arm rod connects with the cuff at the elbow.  I did this and it now lines up better.
pics/term/arm32.jpg
pics/term/arm33.jpg
pics/term/arm34.jpg
pics/term/arm35.jpg