The Diary of a Pulse Rifle


16/06/2002 - 20/07/2002

Now it is time for the satin black spray.  As before, I used the first coat to show me any parts that needed sanding down some more.  Here I needed to sand the filled in screw hole a bit more.
pics/pr/pr52.jpg
pics/pr/pr56.jpg
pics/pr/pr57.jpg

The stock is sprayed black and the fake screw heads have been glued in place on the shroud:
pics/pr/pr53.jpg

Any other parts were now glued & screwed together and sprayed with primer.  Here you can see a hole where the grenade trigger goes:
pics/pr/pr54.jpg
pics/pr/pr55.jpg

I did a first coat of Tamiya's 'Olive Drab 2' spray on the shroud:
pics/pr/pr58.jpg

And added the magazine and the plastic parts to the magazine holder:
pics/pr/pr59.jpg
pics/pr/pr60.jpg

Time for another custom made piece - the digtal counter.  I made a picture of the counter and printed it out, then cut out some red transparent plastic (from an old transformers toy - the plastic filter revealed some message on the box) and some clear plastic and inserted them into the counter area.  I cut a groove round the inside edge of the counter window and slid the three pieces into it.
pics/pr/pr65.jpg

pics/pr/lcd95-small.png Click for the full size pic - useful if you want to use it yourself, just print it out at about 25x19mm.

The finished counter:
pics/pr/pr61.jpg
pics/pr/pr62.jpg

It's starting to look like a Pulse Rifle now:
pics/pr/pr63.jpg

I wanted to add another custom piece at the end of the small barrel.  It's a triangular piece at the end:
pics/pr/pr70.jpg
pics/pr/pr64.jpg